Sunday, March 13, 2016

Entry 3: Character Development

My group and I haven't come together to talk about the film opening since I last wrote. I was absent on Friday, so all my ideas have come from my own research. I've been thinking a lot about the main character and her look for the film. It's hard to develop a look for a character without pulling straight from your inspiration. When I imagined her I saw her as an edgy teen, yet casual. I didn't her to look so messy that her look was clearly artificial; again, it's important for the audience to connect with these characters. Of course, when I imagined the character she was somewhat famous so I understand that I won't get my ideal girl. I just wanted to set the ball park for our character.

As the physical body structure of the character, I would base her look off Britt Robertson, or Casey Newton from the film Tomorrowland. Personally not the best of actresses and not the best of movies, but her look is what I found important to the character. Trying not to sound too terrible, I wanted our lead to have a face filled with emotion. This is important because I would like it to seem as though she fools the male lead and the audience. Making it seem as though she is the Rapunzel who needs freedom, who needs to be saved. When in reality she is the villain, doing anything to get her way. So she gets her happy ending.  On the photo on the top left the image shows the seriousness in her face and the almost closed physical traits, practically innocent. In the next photo, my thoughts about her look driving her performance is also shown. What drove me to her look were the eyes. I believe the eyes are the windows to the soul. When you look at the eyes, which surprisingly common, you can tell their story through emotion. What our lead can do is manipulate that thought to her advantage, falling into the lies of a succubus.
As for costuming, I had to take into great consideration of many looks. It might all look the same but they all are unique in their own special way. This, unfortunately, is a decision i can only make with my group. But just to get an idea of what inspires me, here are some photos of what I had in mind.
 

1 comment:

  1. Overall, I think your blog is great!

    All of your posts are very detailed and gives great insight on how your project is going. Also, the amount of research and information that you are providing throughout all of your posts is great. There are numerous amounts of visual content that you have included that really make your posts interesting to read.

    Keep up the great work and I am looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete