Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Entry 1: Welcome to the Making of Mantis!

Hello,  My name is Kimberly Quiroz and welcome to my blog!!!
(Sorry for the messy writing)

This blog is going to document my struggles through making my final project. I also hope that this blog will help me organize my thoughts and ideas onto something bigger than my small note book. So here goes Day 1 to the rest of the year.

Day 1: Part 1
Nick and I have been thinking about what to do for the final project for some time now. To be honest, at the completion of every project we always say "Okay, now we have to start thinking about the final."
In the car: "So what are we going to do about the final?"
On Snapchat: "Any ideas for the final?"

Finally an idea was struck for the final. I think after denying the idea about the underground prostitution ring, we decided to take a page from Andrew Stanton. We decided to make the idea one of an experience we had. And so Mantis was born.

A film about a young woman, about the age 16-18, who is rather miserable. In need of an escape; an experience that all teens go through. Her and her boyfriend decide to run away and go down to the Keys. Unfortunately, in the way of her getting her happiness she ruins everyone else's around her. Inconsiderate about the people around her, she manages to achieve her happiness on the price of others. What I ...or we, really wanted to portray to the audience was that even though there are situations where their heart might be in the right place but it doesn't mean they might be doing the right thing. It's always great to help a friend out but only if you don't put yourself in their problems. A lesson is certainly made to be learned in this film. One that all teenagers should learn early on.

"The Clues to a Great Story." Andrew Stanton:. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Mar. 2016.
"Drugs and Alcohol." Using Drugs and Alcohol to Escape from Problems. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Mar. 2016.


No comments:

Post a Comment